These special sale fares - which begin at just over $125 per person per day, double occupancy - include shore excursions, gratuities, port fees, meals, entertainment and the line’s renowned guest speaker program on the 350-guest Minerva, which recently completed a multi-million-dollar refit. Swan’s special sale fares must be booked by April 30 and are subject to availability.
Minerva’s new look features expansive new public areas and an increased number of suites with balconies, representing 23% of all stateroom accommodation. In addition, all 181 staterooms have been upgraded with new en-suite bathrooms. The ship also boasts a new Orpheus Lounge & Bar, a wrap-around forward observation lounge with expansive panoramic views; an expanded Shackleton Bar; a new Livingstone Lounge for relaxing or reading; dedicated internet lounge and Wi-Fi accessibility throughout the ship; and an impressive outdoor “walk around” Promenade Deck.
Among the itineraries included in Swan Hellenic’s Summer/Fall Sale are the following:
- The 15-day Venice & the Adriatic (8/15/12) sails from Valletta to Athens, enabling guests to discover the walled cities of the Venetian Empire, the archaeological wonders of Burtrint, Albania and Delphi, Greece, and amazing scenery while cruising along the Dalmatian Coast. Fares begin at $2,599 with overnights in Kotor and Athens.
- Minerva sails a 15-day Hellenic Highlights (8/29/12) journey from Athens to Istanbul, calling at the old and new Greek capitals of Nauplia and Athens, visiting Crete and the smaller islands of Delos, Paros, Chios and Symia, and sailing Turkey’s Lycian coast. Fares start from $2,499 with overnights in Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi and Istanbul.
- Explore the Aegean & Levant (9/26/12) on a 15-day cruise that travels from Izmir in the Northern Aegean to Athens in the eastern Mediterranean, discovering cities of the Roman Empire and medieval times and Crusaders’ castles as well as Mount Athos, the Tombs at Vergina, and remote Greek islands and Turkish villages. Fares begin at $2,799 with overnights in Izmir and Athens.
- Unearth Treasures of the Near East (11/7/12) on a 15-day cruise from Athens to Luxor/Safaga. En route, guests have the opportunity to explore Roman cities, Crusader castles and Egyptian treasures as they sail through the Suez Canal and into the Red Sea. Fares start from $2,499 with overnights in Athens and Luxor/Safaga.
- On the 15-day Passage to Oman (11/21/12), Minerva sails from Luxor/Safaga to Dubai along ancient trade routes through the Red Sea. Discover Egyptian antiquities, archaeological sites, souks, palaces and mosques before arriving in the modern city of Dubai. Guests will enjoy overnights in Luxor/Safaga, Djibouti, Muscat and Dubai, with rates starting from $1,899 (only $127 per day).
- Celebrate the holidays and toast the New Year while discovering the Mysteries of the Indian Ocean (12/19/12) on a 16-day cruise from Colombo to Singapore that features a rare sail up the Yangon River to Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar’s former capital, and the chance to explore the rarely visited Andaman Islands. Rates begin at $2,399 (just $150 per day) with overnights in Colombo, Yangon and Singapore.
On each Minerva sailing, guests will experience British country elegance with a focus on destination and enrichment cruising to iconic destinations and hidden gems with distinguished guest speakers and unparalleled shore excursions.
Swan Hellenic is an award-winning cruise line that has been defining the art of small ship discovery cruising for more than 50 years.
-------------------------------------------------------------------Nick's Cruise Corner Blog