Distinctive, less-cruised, less-easily-accessible lands like Ghana, Mauritius, Brunei, Burma, the Cook Islands, Tonga, Sao Tome, Senegal, Namibia, and Angola complement vacation favorites like the Cayman Islands, Panama Canal, Thailand, and Hawaii. Crystal is not only maiden calling in Luanda, Angola; Lombok, Indonesia; and Malacca, Malaysia, but also returning to several destinations not visited in years, such as the Andaman Islands, India; Okinawa and Tokyo, Japan; the UK’s Pitcairn Islands; and Jakarta, Surabay, and Ujung Pandang, Indonesia.
All voyages but one offer overnights in local ports-of-call, including “double overnights” (two consecutive nights) in Yangon (Myanmar/Burma), Yokohama, Ho Chi Minh City, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai. Winter/spring voyages range from 12 to 26 days, in addition to a five-segment, 89-day World Cruise.
“We were the first cruise line out of the gate to share 2014 itineraries last December, and travelers have been anxious to book ever since,” says Crystal Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing Jack Anderson. “Experienced cruisers recognize that Crystal not only offers incredible value for a luxury vacation, our itinerary offerings for 2014 are incredibly innovative, with easy, intimate access to authentic cultures and vacation memories.”
New routes include:
L.A. to London’s port of Southampton (Jan 18)
- Rare visits to USA’s Mariana Islands and Guam.
- Multiple Asian segments, one with three Vietnamese stops.
- Rounding Africa from Mauritius Islands to Morocco, with three South African stops and a maiden call in Luanda, Angola.
- Combine with Jan 5’s Panama Canal voyage beforehand to sail all the way from Miami to the UK.
Back-to-back Polynesian explorations, beginning with an unusual southern Trans-Pacific cruise, stopping at Easter Island, Pitcairn Islands, Mo’orea, Papeete, Tahiti (overnight), then continuing on to the Cook Islands, Tonga, and Fiji. (Jan 8 & 20)
- 15-day Tokyo to L.A. ocean-crossing, with just one stop/overnight in Honolulu, for sea day lovers. (May 1)
- Java/South China Seas: Four Indonesia ports-of-call, including a Bali overnight, plus Malaysia and Brunei visits. (Feb 28)
- Andaman Sea: 14-day Southeast Asia cruise with three stops in Malaysia, an Andaman Islands visit, and two nights in Myanmar. (March 12)
- “All-China”: 10-day Chinese voyage features a Hong Kong overnight, double overnight in Shanghai, and optional three-day, add-on land package to Beijing. (April 9)
- Japan-China: Three stops in China and four in Japan, with one night in Osaka and two in Shanghai. (April 19)
Until June 30, 2012, “Book Now” fares for 2014 start at $2,975, with attractive air add-ons from over 90 North American gateways.
Crystal Cruises’ resort experience always includes a host of complimentary amenities, from enlightening enrichment speakers and fitness classes to pampering pillow menus and specialty restaurant dining including the cuisine of Nobu Matsuhisa. Starting this spring, vacations will also include complimentary fine wines and premium spirits throughout the ship, open bar service in all lounges, and pre-paid gratuities for housekeeping, bar and dining staff. Crystal’s passion for taking care of guests in an inviting environment of extraordinary space, quality and choices has earned the company more “World’s Best” awards than any other cruise line, resort, or hotel in history.