Voyager will become the second ship in the Voyages of Discovery fleet beginning Dec. 4th, joining the 650-guest Discovery, which will be undergoing extensive refurbishment prior to returning to service in March 2013. Voyager will feature 278 staterooms, of which 86 percent are outside accommodations, and 35 suites – 30 with outside balconies.
From a comprehensive Caribbean, Central and South American program that includes a memorable way to mark the holidays, a 95-day circumnavigation of the South American continent and cruising the Amazon River, the 550-guest Voyager will visit many destinations that larger ships cannot easily access.
Voyager will offer the line’s signature elements of distinctive itineraries that blend world-class sites with smaller “hidden gems” and longer port stays. Fares include a distinguished guest speaker program, enrichment workshops, all meals including cocktail parties and gala dinners, entertainment, and service fees for onboard bar and spa purchases.
The South America Sale features category upgrades for most stateroom categories or up to an $800 onboard credit per cabin for Suite and Inside Superior categories on 13-to-20 day cruises in the South American region. GRAND VOYAGES between 43 and 126 days receive a combination of up to $1,250 onboard credit per cabin and FREE AIR from select air gateway cities. Offers vary depending on the itinerary and stateroom category booked, and apply to the below collection of Voyager’s inaugural cruises that can be easily combined to create a longer grand voyage. Fares are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability:
- Voyage to the Caribbean: (maiden voyage Dec 4, 2012) 17-day cruise from London to Barbados, with calls in Spain, Madeira, St. Kitts, Antigua and Martinique from $1,699, just $100 per day!
- Caribbean Gems: (Dec 20, 2012) Celebrate the holidays and ring in 2013 on a 16-day cruise featuring a potpourri of idyllic islands, including Barbados, St. Lucia, Guadeloupe, Montserrat, Grenada, Tobago, Margarita Island, Bonaire Island, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Fares from $2,399, only $150 per day!
- A Tapestry of Central America: (Jan 4, 2013) Transit the Panama Canal and visit Mayan Ruins and the rainforests of Belize and Honduras on this 19-day sailing from Montego Bay to Manta with fares starting from $2,999.
- South America’s Pacific Shore: (Jan 22, 2013) Explore the Pacific Shore on this 16-day cruise that includes overnights in Manta, Callao and Valparaiso as well as the Galapagos Islands and the Atacama Desert landscapes. Fares from $1,899, just $120 per day!
- Natural Wonders of Latin America: (Feb 6, 2013) Experience the Chilean fjords, the wildlife on Peninsula Valdes, the glacial landscapes of South America and the thriving cities of Santiago and Buenos Aires on a 20-day sailing from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. Fares from $2,899, only $145 per day.
- South America’s Discovery Coast: (Feb 25, 2013) This 16-day cruise from Buenos Aires to Recife includes calls in Montevideo, Santos, Ilhabela, Paraty, Rio de Janeiro and Salvador de Bahia with fares starting from $2,599.
- A Portrait of the Amazon: (Mar 12, 2013) Discover the Amazon region on a 13-day cruise from Recife to Manaus that offers the charm of Recife and Solina, beautiful desert scenery, magnificent rainforests and a cruise on the Amazon, South America’s longest river. Fares from $1,699, just $130 per day!
- Amazonian & Caribbean Explorer: (Mar 24, 2013) Combine a memorable cruise on the Amazon and exploration of South American locales in Brazil and Venezuela with the distinctive Caribbean experience in Aruba and Jamaica on this 16-day sailing with fares from $2,799.
- Grand Latin America Discovery: (Jan 4, 2013) This ultimate 95-day circumnavigation of South America combines 6 itineraries for a memorable combination of cultures and landscapes, including the Chilean fjords, the Galapagos Islands, cruising the Amazon River, the unspoiled Falkland Islands and the bustling cities of Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires and Santiago. This cruise is selling quickly with fares in remaining stateroom categories starting from $17,899 (ocean view).
-------------------------------------------------------------------Nick's Cruise Corner Blog