|MSC Cruises MSC Poesia Baseball Theme Cruises|
Guests can interact with former Major League Baseball stars as they sail to incredible Caribbean destinations onboard MSC Poesia on several “Baseball Greats” theme cruises.
This is the ninth year MSC Cruises has hosted these popular cruises with a changing lineup of players.
Special “Summer Sale” rates begin at $799 for the 10-night “Baseball Greats” cruise and $549 for 7-night cruises. Fares are per person, double occupancy; government fees and taxes are additional. Bookings must be made by Sept. 30 to receive “Summer Sale” rates.
Host and emcee for all of the onboard activities on each cruise is former New York Yankees star pitcher, Stan Bahnsen. “Baseball Greats” cruises offer free guest/player activities including a player-hosted trivia game, a question-and-answer session, a guest pitching contest and a lively storytelling session.
Baseball players host hitting, fielding, base running, and defense strategy clinics. A free autograph session is one of the most popular aspects of the “Baseball Greats” experience.
These Caribbean cruises sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale and feature the following itineraries and baseball greats (the lineup of participating players is subject to change):
- 10-night “Southern Caribbean Dream,” calling at San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. John’s, Antigua; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Roseau, Dominica; Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Freepost, Bahamas, with 3 days at sea. Jesse Barfield, Glenn Beckert, Bill Russell, Dave Campbell and Stan Bahnsen. Dec. 11, 2012
- 7-night “Eastern Caribbean Enchantment,” calling in Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Nassau, Bahamas, with 3 days at sea.
- Feb. 9: Ken Griffey Sr., Jim Fregosi, Stan Bahnsen, Ed Herrmann, Larry Parrish
- Feb. 23: Tommy Davis, Cookie Rojas, Stan Bahnsen, Clarence Jones, Juan Marichal
- March 9: Gorman Thomas, Gary Peters, Stan Bahnsen, Wallace Johnson, Rico Petrocelli
- 7-night “Colors of the Caribbean,” calling at St. John’s, Antigua; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Freeport, Bahamas, with 3 days at sea. Randy Hundley, Stan Bahnsen, Jack Billingham, Ellis Valentine. April 6, 2013